Cannot Activate Cellular Data Network - HELP
daniellewyant

Have iPhone 4s, all of a sudden, out of nowhere, I have no ability to make calls (so I can't call Verizon) and only texts that work are iMessages. Have access to email and internet. Currently on WiFi at home, not sure if that is enabling access. Message comes up "Cannot Activate Cellular Data Network" HELP PLEASE!

I have tried everything online I could to fix. Airplane mode, restart, reset network connections, can't dial *228. Can't find any other help, and can't reach Verizon. Any suggestions much appreciated! Also can't log on to My Verizon because it's a work phone and I don't have log-in info...

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Cannot Activate Cellular Data Network - HELP
ryan32newman

You're not alone. Just happened to me 10:30pm EST. Help please

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi daniellewyant,

Let's get to the bottom of this issue! What's your ZIP code? We'll explore options to resolve pronto! Please keep in mind that this is a peer to peer forum and while our Social Media team monitors the posts, the best way to get immediate assistance when network issues are suspected is to call 800-922-0204 from a different line to troubleshoot device or send us a message on twitter at @VZWSupport.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
ryan32newman

My problem was resolved when I traveled far enough that my phone latched on to another tower.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning ryan32newman!

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad to see that all is good now. Have a super Sunday!

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
greg5844

Did you ever get resolved? We have 8 iphones and only one with the issue. Swapped phone 3 times with same result. Verizon can't seem to figure it out.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello greg5844,

Help is right here, just for you! I can help with your iPhone not working. May I ask are you experiencing activation issues as well? If so then please send me a private message so we can take a look into this together. I took the liberty of following you so all you have to do is approve of the request to begin.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tracer05

I had the same problem, Verizon had to reset my network settings on their side. It took several phone calls and several trips to Apple and Verizon to resolve this after I jumped through the hoops of all their trouble shooting.  Hope yours works soon, took nearly a month of no data service to get mine working again.

0 Likes
mmduprey

I know this post is old but I reset my iphone 4s and restored it on itunes and now I can't connect to verizon network.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mmduprey,

Here I am to save the day! Let's get you iPhone connected to the network. May I ask do you see any bars of signal on the device? Also, what iOS and carrier version do you have? I would suggest reset network settings & then try to reactivate. Step to reset the settings are in this link.

http://vz.to/1daOm8u

Let me know if more assistance is needed.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes