Cannot Get Mail Mssg. with ATT.net
saltydog1973

I'm getting the following message:  "Cannot Get Mail - The connection to the server failed."  I have ATT.net email.  I can send email but not get email.  Last email downloaded was 4/17.  I have changed nothing in the settings, passwords, or anything else.  A hard-boot did not correct the problem.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot Get Mail Mssg. with ATT.net
Not applicable

saltydog1973 wrote:

I'm getting the following message:  "Cannot Get Mail - The connection to the server failed."  I have ATT.net email.  I can send email but not get email.  Last email downloaded was 4/17.  I have changed nothing in the settings, passwords, or anything else.  A hard-boot did not correct the problem.

As Jim said you could call AT&T but sometimes the pop3 settings or smtp settings could have been changed for a cell phone connection.

I know with my email service they changed the smtp to "smtp.mobile.xxx.com" the difference being placing mobile in the send string. Go to your service web site and look up the mobile email set up. Then see if that fixes your problem.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

Call AT&T?  Have you tried from your computer?

0 Likes
Not applicable

saltydog1973 wrote:

As Jim said you could call AT&T but sometimes the pop3 settings or smtp settings could have been changed for a cell phone connection.

I know with my email service they changed the smtp to "smtp.mobile.xxx.com" the difference being placing mobile in the send string. Go to your service web site and look up the mobile email set up. Then see if that fixes your problem.

Good Luck

0 Likes