Re: Cannot send picture text from an iPhone 6 to an Android phone, both on Verizon
EarthBuffalo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've not used my phone to send picture messages since starting to login in to Verizon wireless. Regular text messages without pictures or emojis work fine on the iPhone.

iPhone messages are blue and MMS messages are green. I've received a dozen or so picture messages from both iPhone and Android with no problems. Previously, Cellular data was used more reliably to send picture messages. Until I get a reliable solution, I'm reluctant to use the iPhone to send picture messages.

Text messages work to locations that do not have good internet access. They may take 3-5 minutes to get to the remote location. This week we communicated via text with folks at the YMCA in Estes Park.

At times, text messages and voice messages arrive hours after they are sent. Telephone calls sometimes don't show in recent calls. When connected to wifi, the phone works better or reliably. My home doesn't have complete wifi coverage so frequently in this area phone calls don't work from not being able to dial, dropping calls with the phone in the same location, to one person hearing but the other not. My is zipcode 80128. My area is known for low signal levels - I can't speak for the entire zipcode.  Wifi connections allow the phone to work.

I hope I've covered everything.

If you have any questions, please ask.

0 Likes
Re: Cannot send picture text from an iPhone 6 to an Android phone, both on Verizon
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your messages tell us that you've worked on this with both Apple and Verizon Wireless tech support. So that we can look over those steps, we are sending a Private Note. 

0 Likes
EarthBuffalo
Enthusiast - Level 2

The private note did not reveal a solution to the problem because I'm not an Account Manager on the account.  If there is someone with a solution to this problem please let me know.

0 Likes
EarthBuffalo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm taking a break from this problem.  For the time being, the Verizon Website has a screen/webpage to send text messages.  This webpage seems to work without fail.  Maybe one of the many iOS upgrades will fix this problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

EarthBuffalo, I am glad to learn you found an alternative solution. Please keep us posted when you are added to the account and we will be more than happy to proceed.

0 Likes