Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cannot unlock 4S phone after IOS7 update..HeLP
Marina_5500

Like everyone else, I downloaded iOS7 via ITunes last night, and when I went back to the phone, it asked for my passcode to go to my home screen, but it did not unlock. My old passcode doesn't work, and I don't remember putting in a passcode.  If I did put in a code, it is always the same one so I could never forget it. How can I unlock my iphone 4S?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cannot unlock 4S phone after IOS7 update..HeLP
jrood

I am having the exact same issue and have not been able to find resolution.  my passcode no longer works and I did not change it

0 Likes
tom-lori

I have been working on my husbands 4s also since the upgrade today after work. His phone will not unlock! he did not use a pass code previous to the upgrade, it did ask him to select one which he did 2 times. everything was fine until he picked up his phone to use it about 45 minutes after the upgrade and it said wrong passcode. of course i blamed him and thought he forgot his password, so i tried it after he had previously tried it several times! Now his phone is disabled also. Called Verizon around 5;30 or so. He had me log into Itunes to do a Restore on the phone. (must have latest version of i tunes installed first)

after 4 times with no success and calling verizon back 3 1/2 hours later, she said Apple is diligently working on a fix for this problem. My update worked fine on my 4s, i did the update on my moms 4 and it worked fine. Not sure why his didnt work? Still not sure how they are going to let us know of a fix or what to do next??? Tried to call his phone to see if he can receive phone calls, that did not work either, went straight to voice mail, which he did not set up either! LOL  Hope they fix this soon!!!!

Do not update to ios7 until the bugs are worked out!

mootman44

Same thing happened to me. Geez.. Cannot get intouch with VZ..

kredd0105

I can unlock my phone using the passcode but I don't want a pass code. Does anyone know how to remove the pass code? Plus I hate the new colors. Wish I could go back before the update! Smiley Sad

0 Likes