Carrier Settings Update
Phonengames
Enthusiast - Level 2
10:00 this morning, I received this message on my iPhone: "Carrier Settings Update"..."New settings are available for your iPhone. Would you like to update them now?"

What is in this update? I can't seem to find anything concerning it.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Carrier Settings Update
LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello everyone and thank you for posting to the Verizon Forums. 

The carrier settings updates are small files that are downloaded from iTunes to be installed on your iPhone. This is not a software update. It just updates how the device connects to our network. For additional information, follow the link provided below:

Carrier Settings Update

Thank you,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Phonengames
Enthusiast - Level 2
NO replies?...even from Verizon workers? Why not wait to send these messages on our phones until you guys know what you're doing...or why you're doing it? We get this message, but see no explanation on your website and get no answers when we ask about it. I know I probably sound rude, but it's not so comforting to get update messages that nobody can explain.
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

There is never any detailed info provided when carrier updates are pushed to the phones (to the best of my knowledge) so it's doubtful you will get a response on here that is specific. It is carrier specific and the user isn't likely to notice any change in their device as they would with an iOS update (excluding those iOS minor updates that address issues that the users likely didn't know existed in the first place...such as the last iOS patch we received). It's possible you can contact Verizon for a clearer answer but chances are you won't get a detailed answer...especially if you're speaking to regular customer service reps that honestly may not know the answer to that.

0 Likes
kcb77
Enthusiast - Level 3

It won't hurt your

{edit for TOS violation}

, if that's what you're worrying about.

0 Likes
LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello everyone and thank you for posting to the Verizon Forums. 

The carrier settings updates are small files that are downloaded from iTunes to be installed on your iPhone. This is not a software update. It just updates how the device connects to our network. For additional information, follow the link provided below:

Carrier Settings Update

Thank you,

0 Likes
Kiwicop
Enthusiast - Level 1

The original post was from 2011 and now 9 years later I have the same question.  Why can you not give details on the Carrier Settings update.  I am not a fan of blindly just pushing  the accept button.  I am sure that it is not an issue but for Verizon to advise their customers what the Carrier Settings update covers is just good customer service.  

Thank you if I get a response to this.

janisg1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I’m trying to find a connection to my Iwatch battery draining issue.  I delayed  updating carrier settings for a week or So.  Do you remember what day they pushed it out?  Series 2 iWatch 6.2.5 iPhone Xr iOS 13.4.1  I wish they would log update dates on my phone.  I am tracking all that info...now.  Thanks. 

0 Likes