Case for Iphone 4
jackie26

I know this has probably been answered before but I got my iphone a few days ago and I am looking into cases. I really like the elago S4 case on amazon but my questions was do i need to buy something like zagg invisibleshield in addition to the other case? or could i buy one of them and be fine. my main thing is i hate the fingerprints on the screen. Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Case for Iphone 4
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

It's a personal choice. You can skip the screen protector (or Zagg) if you want but you'll need to be prepared to wipe the screen clean occasionally. You may have to still do that even with a protector. There is also the option to go without and use screen cleaners (Zagg has one I believe and also there is a Baush & Lomb cleaning kit). Ultimately, getting the protector with a case is up to you. Personally, I have a screen protector (not Zagg) simply because I used one on my iPod Touch and the screen still looks brand new.

0 Likes
Jjcagl2030
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you haven't gotten a case already I highly recommend the Otterbox brand, granted it makes the phone bulky but it has a screen protector built in and if you break it otterbox will replace it no questions asked.  My Otter Box case has saved my phone being thrown from a Wal-Mart buggy and hitting the ground by my two year old on more than one occasion.  They are pricey but well worth the money!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I went with switcheasy so far every iphone I have owned I have always gotten them.  Shipping usually takes 2-3 days(Hawaii).  I got the Rebel, but soon I will get the Trim when it becomes available.  I will alternate between the cases.  My wife uses the nude.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Tidbits wrote:

I went with switcheasy so far every iphone I have owned I have always gotten them.  Shipping usually takes 2-3 days(Hawaii).  I got the Rebel, but soon I will get the Trim when it becomes available.  I will alternate between the cases.  My wife uses the nude.

How good is the Nude with protection?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

kaebfly wrote:

Tidbits wrote:

Honestly no idea :smileyhappy: She hasn't dropped her iPhone yet for me to see if any real damage happens.  Overall it looks nice, and it has a nice form factor.  She uses the mirror nude that has two screen protectors(back and front), and it kinda annoys me when I stare at her phone...  She just said "Hey it's great for lipstick!"

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Tidbits wrote:

kaebfly wrote:

Tidbits wrote:

Honestly no idea :smileyhappy: She hasn't dropped her iPhone yet for me to see if any real damage happens.  Overall it looks nice, and it has a nice form factor.  She uses the mirror nude that has two screen protectors(back and front), and it kinda annoys me when I stare at her phone...  She just said "Hey it's great for lipstick!"

Lol...I looked at that one. I think it would annoy me! That line looks interesting though...I have the Body Glove case because I had used their cases on my previous 2 blackberries and an LG phone I had...and they worked well at protecting each phone (the one for the Tour worked TOO well...it had a death grip that was nearly impossible to get off lol). But I'm not too thrilled with the iPhone version. I guess they wanted to fix the death grip issue so they did some changes...and it makes the iPhone version have gaps all around it. The phone itself is fine but if I come across a better case that isn't too bulky I would be happy. But I digress lol

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

kaebfly wrote:

Tidbits wrote:

kaebfly wrote:

Tidbits wrote:

Lol...I looked at that one. I think it would annoy me! That line looks interesting though...I have the Body Glove case because I had used their cases on my previous 2 blackberries and an LG phone I had...and they worked well at protecting each phone (the one for the Tour worked TOO well...it had a death grip that was nearly impossible to get off lol). But I'm not too thrilled with the iPhone version. I guess they wanted to fix the death grip issue so they did some changes...and it makes the iPhone version have gaps all around it. The phone itself is fine but if I come across a better case that isn't too bulky I would be happy. But I digress lol

I feel you on that one, but overall I am happy with the cases I purchased for my 4.  Haven't purchased the Trim yet(not available for us yet).  My wife loves her's to death.

0 Likes
thaoxa
Enthusiast - Level 3

Get the elago case from Amazon! I recently ordered 2 of them, white and black. Its not thick or bulky, provides great protection with a hard case. 

0 Likes
elaines

I am using the Zagg and the Incipio case. It might be overkill for me since I am usually very easy on phones. But it is working out great for me.

0 Likes