Cell phone not working with Comcast
hunbunny159

We got Comcast internet and now my roommate's Verizon iphone doesn't have any service. He can't even make a phone call. How can we fix this?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Cell phone not working with Comcast
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
It would be very odd that the phone isn't working as a result of getting new internet service.
May I ask what happens when he tries to make a call? I'm wondering if he has access to the browser on the phone.
Can he try some of the steps here http://vz.to/MLDgRr?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Weth
Legend

I Do not see the 2 being linked. Take the phone to Apple or Verizon to check it out.  The technology in a cable modem and wifi should have no impact on cellular service On the phone call side of things. 

hunbunny159

He says the phone just looks like it has no service (no bars). He cannot use the phone, get on the web, or play his Clash of Clans. He insists it only did this since we got the internet. He also said that he has Comcast internet at work and that doesn't affect his phone. What do yo mean "have access to the browser?" Verizon Wireless Customer Support I did have him program the password in his phone to use the wifi, but even then he said his bars dropped lower. Now he keeps the wifi turned off. It has since gotten worse. Not sure if any of this makes sense, but this is the situation I am currently in.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Unplug the cable modem to show there is or is not any effect from the cable modem.  It makes no sense it is from cable Internet.

yaslava

Yes, I fully paid early termination fee and my account balance is zero. No, my phone is not blacklisted. After termination of the contract my login was locked and I can not ask for support as the current client. Where in this case, I can write e-mail?

0 Likes
yaslava

Just write in the wrong thread. Please remove my posts.

0 Likes
Kh-Phil

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes