Charged for texts not received
nikki0978

My messaging usage reports lists a number of texts that I never received on my iPhone 4S or in my "Send a Message" page through "My Verizon" on the website. Why can I not see texts that were sent to me yet they are being recorded in usage and charged as texts to my account? This seems fraudent to me. This is happening between an iPhone (mine) and an android phone from other carrier.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Charged for texts not received
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want you to be confident in the detailed usage we provide, nikki0978. Are you saying that the messages never reached your phone, but are showing in your detailed usage? How many messages are we talking about. What date(s) did this occur. Please provide me with a few more details. I look forward to hearing back from you.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
nikki0978

I miss 3-10 texts per day starting on October 7. They show up in detailed usage but never on my phone or my log of messages that are kept online for 90 days. I talked to the person who sent them and yes, they were indeed sent. Fraud.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate your reply, nikki0978. I can confirm the detailed usage section is for unbilled messaging records. The 90 day log contains the messages that have gone through the billing system and validated. It appears that you are not being billed for these messages. We certainly want you to receive all of your messages! Does this only happen with one specific contacts? Are they with another carrier or Verizon Wireless? Do they also use an iPhone? I am eager to get to the bottom of this!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes