Complete reset?
RuthEM

I have had my phone for nearly a year.  I have difficulty in connecting for app updates, sending pics (very slow or won't send), and my bars of service are normally one or two less than my daughter's phone shows when she's standing right next to me.  I am willing to try a complete reset (a simple reset had no effect) but would like to know how many of my settings, etc can be backed up beforehand.  Or are there other alternatives to try first?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Complete reset?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Dialing *228, option 1 and 2 didn't improve your connection with the Verizon Wireless network?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
RuthEM

I did as you suggested but it doesn't appear to have changed anything. The

signal bars are still at three when they should be at five since we live

very near a tower.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi RuthEM,

Your efforts are appreciated! Let's see what's causing the problem. When did the issue begin? What is your current zip code? Do you only experience the problem in doors? Before you proceed with a factory reset, I suggest resetting your network settings. Here are the steps:http://bit.ly/ZruxrP . I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
RuthEM

I have been having problems for several months now. My home zip code is 16701. It doesn't matter whether I'm inside or outside; when I can't connect to WI-if I often don't get 3G, either. I reset the network settings as you suggested and nothing changed. Could this turn out to be a problem with the phone, itself, it a complete reset doesn't work?

Thanking you in advance for your help.

0 Likes