Contacts Gone
akagirl1998

Seems like everyday all of my contacts name disappear.  The numbers are still there but the names are gone.  I am tired of resetting my phone everyday.
HELP!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Contacts Gone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Akagirl1998, I don't want you to have to reset your password everyday either. Let's get to the bottom of this. Are your contacts backed up to either iCloud or Backup Assistant. When you reset the phone, are you powering it off and back on? Do the contacts seem to disappear after performing a certain action?

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
akagirl1998

Thank you for your response. I reset my phone by going to settings then general and then to reset and then erasing all settings and content. Then I restore it from iCloud to the last backup. The contacts just randomly disappear. One night I went to sleep with them intact and woke up and they were gone. I hope that helps because I would like to solve the issue.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

akagirl1998,

Thanks for the information! What model iPhone do you have? Do you know if you have the contacts saved in multiple places like iCloud, Backup Assistant, and/or an email account? When the contacts disappear, do they end up reappearing? (If so, after about how long?).

ElizabethE_VZW

0 Likes
akagirl1998

I only have my contacts backed up on iCloud. They only reappear after I erase and reset my phone from the cloud. I have an iPhone 4S.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

akagirl1998,

Gotcha. This seems to be a sync issue with iCloud. To remedy it, we first recommend resetting network settings http://vz.to/IwrRDx . Then go to settings > iCloud > toggle it off and then back on.

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
akagirl1998

I did that a few days ago at the recommendation of my nephew (works for verizon tech support) and it hasn't appended again. I hope the issue us solved. I only have a little while to go before I can upgrade my phone. Thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
akagirl1998

Spoke too soon. Just happened again. Good thing I only have to deal with this until mid March.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

akagirl1998, sorry that you are going in circles here with your contacts. Have you tried to set up back up assistance via your iphone? It is a free service through us that might be able to remedy your situation. If not, I would suggest reaching out to Apple to see if they can set that up correctly for you. Keep us posted.

-PeterV_VZW

0 Likes