Corporate phone
jajabean

Hello

I work for a nonprofit agency and was recently given a new iPhone 4.  My company told me that I could also use this as my personal phone so I won't have to carry two phones around.  That would be wonderful, but I am a bit hesitant...

I am wondering how much my employer can track on this iPhone.  Now, when I received the phone, it was brand new.  I am the only one who had access to the phone, as it was mailed from Verizon to me and I unwrapped/opened it. 
Although I know that no one had physical access to my phone, I am wondering if they can have remote access?  For instance, if I use my phone to check Facebook- can they see what I am checking or my FB profile?  Can they read my texts?  What if I back up my texts to my iCloud... even though they don't have my username and password, are they able to access my iCloud since they own the plan?

I don't care if they can track how much data/minutes I'm using, I'm only concerned about content. 

Sometimes I can be a bit paranoid.  I would love to use this phone as my personal phone (especially because I've never had an iPhone) but I'm unsure if I'm being overly paranoid or justifiably concerned?

Any insight would be helpful.  Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Corporate phone
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Whoever is the Account Owner of the account can see your call/text logs via MyVerizon, but they can't see text content.

Carrying two phones can be a pain, but I always preferred having my personal phone for personal use, and using the company phone for work-related things (but that's just me).

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Mee Tooo! Morning Tiki b

0 Likes
jajabean

I would keep them separate if I could turn my work phone off after hours but unfortunately the nature of my job doesn't permit that Smiley Sad Annd my work life is pretty much my personal life.  It sucks...

Anyways- I guess what I'm really trying to figure out is if there is a program out there that employers can remotely install on a phone to track the phone's activity.  Like, reading my facebook or viewing my photos without physically having contact with the phone.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

You might be able through Web I use Google+ to Look at Photos and i'm sure Face book has something for Online that Links to the phone..

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is spyware that can be installed on phones, and it would depend on the software as to what-all could be viewed and how.  But again, if you're that paranoid (to use your words), I wouldn't worry about it ... I'd carry two phones and keep personal and work phones separate.

0 Likes
Mandy22

I have the same exact issue where I use my iphone for both work and personal calls. 

If the account is in your name and you have created a secure password, your company should not be able to access it remotely.  It sounds like the phone may be in your company's name though.   

I talked with Mike at Verzion Customer Service (*611, 2, 0) and he put my mind at ease!  I would suggest you give them a call to verify what levels of security are available on your phone and if/what your company can access.

I hope this help!! Smiley Happy

0 Likes