Could not Text in Bermuda with Iphone?
mroll

I recently came back from cruise to Bermuda. I had cellular data only turned off.  I was able to text while on board the ship but while we were in Bermuda I could not send or receive texts to other iphones.  I was able to receive and send to a Droid. Verizon said Apple problem.  Apple says network problem.  Was on support with BOTH companies all darn day today and I've had it.  I want this resolved since traveling again in the winter.

Anyone have a similar problem or know WHY this happened?? Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Could not Text in Bermuda with Iphone?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you have iMessages turned on? Is it set up to use your AppleID as the contact info associated with the iMessages? I think you could force it to use only your phone number or you can turn iMessages off and all text messages will send via the Verizon network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Could not Text in Bermuda with Iphone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to enjoy those vacations stress free mroll! I'm sorry it is difficult to determine why your difficulties were occurring while you were overseas on another network and you are no longer in that location. With cellular data turned off, it will prevent the use of calls, data and messaging. If you were using iMessage over wifi, you should have been able to get through to other iPhones; however, again please consider at that point you are not using our network or anything wireless related. In a case like that, our control is very limited. Should you experience difficulties again when you are outside the U.S., please contact Global Support at 908-559-4899 from an alternate line.

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes