Could not activate cellular data network
CassaroRacing
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently purchased an iPhone 4 and have gone on the prepaid plan. After having the phone for four days I still cannot get cellular data. It works just fine with Wi-Fi though. I have done a soft reset, as well as a hard reset and *228

This phone is used specifically for doing I messaging and it is very frustrating when I am away from my wifi network and have to use my other phones personal hotspot to get data.

Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Could not activate cellular data network
CassaroRacing
Enthusiast - Level 1

Okay, I figured out the problem! The issue was when I signed up on the prepaid plan online it gave me my phone number and activated the phone but did not credit any time to my account even though my credit card information was entered and I authorized payment.

Once I got to the point of needing to call support to help figure this problem out, each time I dialed the support number on the phone it kept sending me to the national payment center. So, I went through the process of adding additional time to my phone and surprise it now works even though according to my on line account summery I had two months of time already paid for. Now whe nI check I have four months of prepaid time credited to my account. So, if your reading this because your not able to get the cellular data to work you might just just want to call the number for support and see if it goes through or your directed to the payment center.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Could not activate cellular data network
CassaroRacing
Enthusiast - Level 1

Okay, I figured out the problem! The issue was when I signed up on the prepaid plan online it gave me my phone number and activated the phone but did not credit any time to my account even though my credit card information was entered and I authorized payment.

Once I got to the point of needing to call support to help figure this problem out, each time I dialed the support number on the phone it kept sending me to the national payment center. So, I went through the process of adding additional time to my phone and surprise it now works even though according to my on line account summery I had two months of time already paid for. Now whe nI check I have four months of prepaid time credited to my account. So, if your reading this because your not able to get the cellular data to work you might just just want to call the number for support and see if it goes through or your directed to the payment center.

0 Likes