DO NOT purchase verizon if you live in Middleton, WI
gnomegirl

I switched to Verizon after using US Cellular for about 10 years.  The ONLY reason I changed was to have an iPhone.  We use all Mac products so I was anxious to have everything work together seamlessly.  Since I have had verizon, I cannot make calls from my home, or at my shop or for that matter a lot of other places within Middleton.  I have called Verizon service and have not had help.  I addressed my concerns before the 30 days but decided to try and stoic with the service b/c I wanted an iPhone.I was told they would check out my service area in order to see if tone of the towers was having a problem   I had to follow up on the call and ask if they found anything.  They did find that service was unpredictable in Middleton and I was told to buy a mini tower in order to use the phone in my home & place of business.  I was told that the tower would cost approx. $250.  I decided to try another call to customer service and see if by chance I might find someone else that could offer some sort of compensation for the lack of service.  I was treated like I was trying to scam Verizon.  The customer serve I received was terrible.  When I stated that the Mac store should not offer Verizon for residents of Middleton, the Verizon staff replied that Apple has cell compatibility maps and that I should never been sold the service.  I finally visited the store.  After a brief meeting with a manager, it was recommended that I buy the infamous towers.  I cannot understand how Verizon can continue to enter into a financial contractual agreement with customers to provide a service they cannot consistently (or ever if you live in my home and work at my shop!)  complete.  I think it is bad business to not let customers, like myself,  to exit from this worthless service without penalties.  Customer Service should be any business's first priority even if it means losing a bit of money.  And by the way, I don't live in a concrete/metal structure. Smiley Happy

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: DO NOT purchase verizon if you live in Middleton, WI
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

rule 1. verify service from other people you know with it prior to purchase

rule 2.  if you dont get service return within 14 days

rule 3. since its an iphone make sure your holding it correctly (as stated by steve jobs)

0 Likes
gnomegirl

Oh I so wish it was this simple...Life is messy and I think some compnies remove the human element out of decisions rather then considering that a happy customer goes a lot farther then an unhappy one.I do try to us the iphone  when it's not upside down though Smiley Happy

0 Likes
gnomegirl

Just worried about the phone for now.  One problem at a time. (and Middleton is a great place to live by the way)

0 Likes
Re: DO NOT purchase verizon if you live in Middleton, WI
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Hi, gnomegirl. Unfortunately, no provider can cover all areas and it sounds like Verizon may not be the best one for your particular location. Are you going to try the network extender?

If worse comes to worse, you can always try other carriers, and if you found a better one, sell your iPhone. Sprint has the iPhone, or you can buy an unlocked one and try some regional providers or AT&T. I live near Green Bay and Verizon gives me excellent coverage, but if it didn't and I bought an unlocked phone, I could try Airfire Mobile, Straight Talk's bring your own device, AT&T, etc.

Just wanted to give you some options. Good luck.

0 Likes