****DROPPED CALLS****
Z4driver
Enthusiast - Level 3

Getting very upset with my IPhone 4.  I used to be able to make calls from my home, now I have 1, yes 1 bar.  This has been going on since late summer.  When I answer the phone the person on the line can't hear me, I'm breaking up, then I hear the good ole BEEP BEEP BEEP  disconnected as usual.  My contract's up Feb 25, 2013.   I called Verizon , they said they would do a check to see why I don't have service (I'm 4 miles from a tower)  They sent me a text message at 6:30 AM to say everything was OK with the phone.  Well, needless to say I still don't have service.  They said if I was to break my contract now it would cost me $160.00.  I stopped in a verizon store yesterday to ask about another brand phone, I was looking at possibly a samsung galaxy lll note.  I said what if I don't have service with that one too, can it be returned?  She said it would cost me $35 plus.  So basically I've been throwing away $100 a month for a phone I can only use to send text messages.  VERIZON, I'VE BEEN A CUSTOMER FOR CLOSE TO 15 YRS, NEVER LATE ON PAYMENTS......HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: ****DROPPED CALLS****
rcschnoor
Legend

It seems if service at your home is important and you don't get it with Verizon, you should go with a provider which will give it to you.

The question now becomes is it more cost effective to pay $160 for an ETF(although if your contract ends on 2/25/2013 your ETF should currently be $140) or should you pay $300 for service which you cannot use over the next 3 months. Seems to me the ETF would be the better option.

0 Likes
Re: ****DROPPED CALLS****
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Z4driver,

Sorry about the delay in our response. Let's go ahead and get this issue fixed. Please dial *228 send and select option 1 to program your phone. After you have completed the programing, please complete the second reset method listed here http://bit.ly/tXe7I4. Please let us know if this improves your signal.

NidiaA_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes