Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Usage While Connected to WiFi
roark

I just got an iphone 4S, and love it.  One thing I have noticed is that the phone seems to be using a small amount data even while connected to our WiFi system at home.  I thought that being connected to WiFi would have the phone not use data.  Can anyone tell my why this is happening?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Data Usage While Connected to WiFi
gina7239

It shouldn't use data while on wifi but maybe it's disconnecting and connecting so quickly you don't see it disconnecting.

0 Likes
Re: Data Usage While Connected to WiFi
knmondor

So, I'm completely new to the iPhone.  I decided to get the iPhone 5c after my "dumb phone" finally just did not work anymore.  I have been trying to figure out the data usage on my phone and I think I finally understand it.  I am sure to be connected to wif whenever it is possible.  I realized I could not receive picture messages, so I tried something:  I have my cellular data on, but I disabled LTE.  I had a friend send me a pic message, and no data was used.  When cellular data was on and LTE enabled, I used 1MB for a picture message and a snapchat.

0 Likes