Re: Data overage charges
melvindeville
Contributor - Level 1

ive watched these forums without saying anything for a very long time. i sit on the computer all day at work so yes i have plenty of time to hang out here. which im fine with. ive sat back and watch grown people complain about non sense. when i think they should take responsibility. its just my opinion. dont get offended.

Data overage charges
melvindeville
Contributor - Level 1

iguess i shouldnt have said non sense. people are just protecting their wallet naturally. but theres a difference between validity and ignorance. verizon doesnt credit accounts due to not paying attention. ive been there and had to learn to stay up to date and educated. thats how i protect my financial situation. complaining doesnt help just wastes time

0 Likes
melvindeville
Contributor - Level 1

i actually work for a graphic design company. i just back verizon cause ive had all other carriers and they honestly are the best. do your research

0 Likes
Data overage charges
melvindeville
Contributor - Level 1

this and a music forum i frequent are strictly entertainment for me. i am a verizon customer. these forums are for verizon customers. no business being here? whatever you say. im entitled to my opinion.

0 Likes
djcostigan
Enthusiast - Level 1

A Verizon Customer Service rep added me to this email list for the sole purpose of pissing me the fuck off because I was upset with his lack of knowledge in his field, and requested to speak to his supervisor because he directly insulted me. I urge whoever reads this email to do the following;

1) PERMANENTLY REMOVE my email from this list

2) PERSONALLY GUARANTEE my email address will never be added to this mailing list, ever again.

3) Either listen to, or instruct a supervisor, to listen to/use recorded phone calls of my service requests at the customer service center to further understand the lack of intelligible employees that work in the customer service sector of Verizon Wireless

4) LEAVE ME ALONE. I AM SICK AND TIRED OF READING THESE CHAIN LETTERS BECAUSE SOME ASSHOLE AT VERIZON WAS PISSED OFF THAT I TOLD HIM NOT TO MAKE ME FEEL LIKE AN IMMATURE CHILD.

These emails have crossed the line. I've obviously used suggestive language to voice my level of disagreement with Verizon policies.

Sincerely,

Someone who wants to be treated with respect.

Good day.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately your request to be removed from receiving email notifications from the community are something you will have to complete. At the bottom of the emails you receive is a link to to where you can change your preferences for the community. Sign into the community and edit your email preferences for the community.

This is a peer to peer customer forum where customers can give suggestions and advice to other customers with their questions.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
melvindeville
Contributor - Level 1
Also I'm pretty sure you have to go through a pretty lengthy registration process to access these forums. It would have been quicker to just figure out how to delete your account than spend an hour writing a love letter to your friend in customer care. That probably wasnt smart enough to change your calling plan. Let alone master mind a screen name, a password for you to login in with. Which he seems to have provided to you. And "enroll" you in these emails.. Hahaha that just doesn't seem possible to me.
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the community account is tied to their MyVerizon account, it isn't difficult to access the community and their community preferences.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
melvindeville
Contributor - Level 1

i see i see.

0 Likes
Deban
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same thing -- I was always under 5G until we went out of state -- that shouldn't matter, correct? We were there with my nephew, who enjoyed downloading the entire internet on my MiFi. lovely. I figured that was the problem, yes (to answer a question upthread) I was charged for it, more than $100, which I paid. The next month I was back to my old 5-G style habits and got the same pattern in one day: 50% ("Please add more data") 2 minutes later 70% ("Please add more data"), 2 minutes later 90% ("Please add more data"), then (I don't remember the exact wording, this is a paraphrase) "You are 90% through your first allowable overage... please add more data."

Remember, this is the month in which my nephew was back at college with no access to my account.

A few things I've done:

1. We have a data line from a different company at home -- I use the wireless connection for the phone and my computer when I'm at home, NOT my MiFi.

2. I've switched all my automatic updates to manual and only do these at home.

3. I've changed the SSID and password on the Mifi; they are now very long and crazy-complicated.

4. I now manually disconnect the wifi connections to my MiFi before I turn the MiFi off, and I make sure it's turned ALL the way off, no light. (I've occasionally just clicked it and realized later that it was on). I don't know whether manually disconnecting my devices matters at all, but it makes me feel better.)

We'll see on the next cycle if this makes any difference.

Some thoughts on what might be going on:

1. If you switched from an unlimited plan to Share Everything, you're now sharing everything -- wifi printer, fax, home wifi connection, everything. You're also sharing any data that passes between these devices -- computer to printer even if you're at home, etc. I don't mean to talk down to anyone, just a thought that might help anyone who hasn't thought of that.

2. For people who say that they're using wifi instead of cellular at home -- if the wifi is part of your Verizon Share Everything plan, that usage is being counted too. (But is wifi usage "skinnier" than cell usage? I honestly don't know -- would appreciate information about that from anyone.)

3. I started off with a share everything data line and only just recently switched to a data AND voice line so I could add a phone. The overages happened before I made the change, and I'll watch and see what happens this month. I know I've got too many variables (turning things off, using the wifi, etc.) for this to be a scientifically sound experiment, but the difference could tell me something. Maybe.

Last thought: it is utterly ridiculous that we can't see a more detailed account of exactly where we're using our data and when. The time it's happening is almost useless: if I use up a squillion gigs overnight, I should be able to see exactly what was happening -- was it my printer and laptop running a failed print job back and forth? Did someone hack in and illegally download the entire Motown catalog? That last one is especially valid -- if someone else is doing something illegal on my account, I could be liable for that. There's no reason at all Verizon shouldn't tell us exactly what's going on on the data lines to which we have secure access and for which we are paying mysteriously huge bills.

0 Likes