Data plans
diego17br

so i currently have the blackberry curve with the unlimited $29.99 data plan trying to get an iphone 4s in about a few weeks but i dont want the $30 2gb plan so what will happen? can i keep the $29.99 unlimited?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Data plans
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You get to keep your unlimited plan since you already have it. Many that switched to the 4s were in the same boat (coming from a different smartphone that had the unlimited data plan).

0 Likes
tomdc

I'm in the same situation, but I'm wondering if the switch from BB has any impact. My BB and maybe yours is on the blackberry access data plan to work with a BB server. I'll have to move to a regular data plan for the iPhone. My guess was that was going to mean that I was switching data plans and thus I'd lose my unlimited data grandfathering in.

Anyone know if this is true?

Thanks

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

No that is not true. I had a BB when I switched to the iPhone and retained my unlimited data plan. Although with the BB we had BB access the data plan was the same, just different features that were exclusive to the BB...just like with the iPhone Visual Voicemail is provided "free" but it is a version of VV that is different than the one that other VZW phone users can pay to use.

0 Likes
tomdc

Thanks for the correction. I just confirmed at the VZW store that I would retain my unlimited package and ordered an iPhone. When I moved to the BB from my old phone, the unlimited data plan for smartphones was ~ $30, but moving up to the BB package pushed it to $45. My receipt suggests that while I retain the unlimited plan, it is at the $45 rate. Do you know whether that will power down to the "regular" unlimited plan rate of $30 once I activate the iPhone? Even at $45 it is a decent deal, but the lower rate would of course be better.

0 Likes