Data usage...😳
TuckerJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have almost gone over my data limit..funny thing tho..I've not used 3G anywhere. I've been at home, connected with my WiFi...I barely even make a blip on my data usage (1gb)  read a ton of stuff about it...apparently it's a common ios 7 issue???? what's the point of having WiFi???  It's idiotic...the best answer I got was "to be safe" turn off cellular data when your on wifi...um...yea..no  I'm curious..the only reason I found out was from my text alerts...what the heck???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Data usage... 
Not applicable

Ask Apple why their devices have this issue. Yes you have wi-fi and if you set you phone down for a minute and the screen shuts off so does you wi-fi and apps or processes still running will then use mobile data. This is why you need to turn it off. If you're using wi-fi I'm not sure why you're against doing that. You're not using it anyway.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

Ask Apple why their devices have this issue. Yes you have wi-fi and if you set you phone down for a minute and the screen shuts off so does you wi-fi and apps or processes still running will then use mobile data. This is why you need to turn it off. If you're using wi-fi I'm not sure why you're against doing that. You're not using it anyway.

0 Likes
Re: Data usage...😳
TuckerJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for answering my..rant I suppose more than questions!! I'm not

against turning cellular off...to be honest...I'm just know finding out

that cellular does indeed get used..wifi shuts down...I'm not tech smooth

in any way shape or form! In fact I'm betting that I'm unaware of more

about my phone, and don't use it to 1/4 of its potential..I guess I felt

like an idiot, when I read about this. Like when you find out something

that everybody around you all ready knows and has for a long time but

didn't bother to tell you...I'm sure my post only highlighted the

obvious!!! Besides this I'm having soooo many problems with my

phone..grrr!!!! I'm my own worst enemy..read and then start changing shit

only to forget what and why I did it!!!

Ok I'm done whining...Thanks again!!!

0 Likes
Not applicable

Not everyone knows because this is common question. Most people that do know find out the hard way. It seems like common sense to think if wi-fi is on apps would only use wi-fi or wi-fi never shuts off until you tell it, guess what, surprise that's not the case and you get hit with overage. You'd think Apple would make it clear these apps use data even on wi-fi unless you change a setting or that wi-fi shuts off in sleep mode. Android apparently has some apps that behave this way too. At least the wi-fi stays on but still you'd think these companies would make info like this more obvious.

0 Likes