Deactivation Problems
JSBINDEL

I went through the transver/activate procedure on Verizon website.  It shows my IPhone 4 as being deactivated, and yet my IPhone 4 still is working a day later.  I have since activated my IPhone 5s.  The IPhone 4 no longer shows on my account, but both phones are still working.  Pain, as I need to sell the 4 to a friend and now he has to wait until this one is wiped and deactivated properly. 

I'm going to take it to a Verizon store and see if they can do it.  They better not tell me to go to an Apple store.  I will have a fit.    I hate going to Verizon stores.  They are always ridiculously busy and the tech staff is not always well-versed in trouble-shooting things like this.  Annoying.

Comment edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: deactivate phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi JSBINDEL,

Save the trip to the store and frustration, we can help here! We want making account changes to be easy. I apologize that this has not occured. Let's get your old phone deactivated properly. What software version is the iPhone 4 on? What service on the iPhone 4 is still working? Send details

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: Deactivation Problems
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Make sure that you have removed the phone from your iCloud.  http://support.apple.com/kb/PH2702

Make sure that you have turned off "Find My Phone".

0 Likes