Delayed text messages from many senders
enuhfer

It was obvious to tell over a week ago that responders to my text messages were not getting their messages cleared through the Verizon service. This morning, a week's worth of text messages plopped onto my iPhone. The phone responds WHEN messages are received. The problem is that Verizon is storing messages on a server without allowing them to go through. I went to the Verizon store in Longmont Colorado and requested their most knowledgeable troubleshooter. The clek proclaimed he was the most knowledgeable and immediately tried to blame the phone and sell me a new phone and service. This is NOT a phone problem The phone records the text when it is received, but these text messages were not received by the phone until today.  I had the problem before with Verizon on different phones years ago, and after I complained  the problem stopped.

Hanging customers' message up for days or weeks is unacceptable. Voice calls don't do this, and the text delays are random occurrences. Using the constructed delays to sell new contracts and services is also unacceptable. If we cannot get this resolved, I will fo next to FCC to report what Verizon is doing, and to BBB.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Delayed text messages from many senders
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

enuhfer, 

I assure you we are not hanging up any messages or intentionally causing a delay in your messages. We know how important your messages are to you. They are an easy way to communicate nowadays and I know I would be lost without my text messages. Let's get a few details to find a resolution. Does this problem happen to more that one contact in your phone? Are they non-iPhone users? Is there any pattern or anything that may have changed on your end in the last week or two?

JenelleR_VZW

0 Likes
ForestCity9

I am also getting texts and sometimes voicemails late.

"Does this problem happen to more that one contact in your phone?" Yes. Some may not be Verizon customers, but one is a family member who I know is a Verizon user.

"Are they non-iPhone users?" I know for sure at least one user does not have an iPhone.

"Is there any pattern or anything that may have changed on your end in the last week or two?" No. The plan has not changed. Phones have not changed, we haven't moved, etc.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ForestCity9, Thanks for those details and I'm sorry to see that the problem is continuing . Can you tell me what troubleshooting has been completed this far?

ChetonJ_VZW

0 Likes