Device recycling program, what a rip off!
Tbachir

We sent in a used iPhone 4s for trade in/recycle to upgrade to the i phone 6.  Due to the condition of the phone, the value was estimated at $200. 

I received an email stating they received the phone, and we are getting a $36 Verizon gift card for the trade!  What a surprise that was!  My phone was in excellent condition, both working and cosmetic.  I called customer service, they said they would escalate my complaint to the device recycling program.  Since, I received an email from the recycling team, asking me to call the 800 customer service # for further assistance.  I called.  Was on the phone for over an hour.  (I spoke to two people, the majority of that time I was on hold)  They told me there's a small crack, on the side of the phone.  There was no crack when I returned it.  Besides, how does a "small crack, on the side of the phone" devalue the phone that significantly??  Their assistance: "We need to escalate your complaint to the device recycling team.  Which can take 14 days".  Wow, I really feel like I'm getting the run around, plus I'm totally at their mercy.  What a rip off!  I could have sold that phone and gotten at least $100 if not more. 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Device recycling program, what a rip off!
Okheregoes
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tbachir.... I bet that was frustrating!

Keep up with them.... I heard they were buried with millions of phones coming in for trade.  My guess is that many of the carriers will be re-evaluating the trade in program when Apple decides to release it's next big launch as there was much confusion surrounding the program this time around... not just with Verizon, but ALL of them.

0 Likes