Does Verizon Care? I Think Not!
handana

I have been a Verizon customer for a lot of years.  As they have gotten larger, the value of the individual customer has dwindled.  Now our loyalty isn't

worth squat.  I am basically 5 weeks out from my renewal date and my I-phone craps out.  No worry, I purchased the insurance and they send me a new one right.  Wrong!  They send you somebody else's  refurbished reject.  I just ordered my second replacement today because this one won't hold a charge.  The first one died quicker than the one it replaced.  I use my phone in my business.  I am 63 years old and bright flashy phones don't impress me unless they work and my phone company backs them up.  Verizon no longer cares!  I guess my best option is to go on Craig's List and buy a used phone in order to get me through my contract, then go to a carrier that appreciates my business.  Verizon doesn't, that's for sure.  I'd ask for phone responses, but you see, my I-phone dies every thirty minutes or so after I unplug it.....Nice!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Does Verizon Care? I Think Not!
xchambers
Contributor - Level 2

So you are saying you have entered into a 2 year contract approximately 1 month ago and you purchased the iPhone 4?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

No, he is saying he entered into a 2 year contract approximately 23 months ago.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

It appears you did not read what the insurance will provide you as a replacement. Nowhere does Assurion say they will give you a new phone as a replacement, but a refurbished one. Not sure why a used phone from Craig's List would be better than a used phone from Assurion. If you do go that route, though, I would suggest Swappa.com instead of Craig's List. Good luck.

handana

The replacements come out of Apple under an extended warranty that I have paid for the last 22-23 months. I have had two bad ones and tomorrow they are delivering a third. Yesterday’s phone only works when it is plugged in. Not much good otherwise. The second one would lock up for 2-3 hours at a time and then you could hard start it pushing the home and on-off button at the same time. I asked them to give me, a customer of 16 plus years a break and just renew my contract and send me a NEW phone. They cannot do that. Instead they offered to put me into the new program, up my

Monthly charges $25.oo and give me a new phone, which is $600.oo over the next 24 months If I could wait, I would be buying a new phone for $199.oo. and the rest would be charged to my contract. They did not offer to reduce my monthly contract charges the amount of the amortization of the purchase of the now defunct phone, but add the $25.00 on top of it. It’s a pretty slick idea. I keep paying for the old phone and they charge me for the new one! My average bill is between 180-200 X 12 months X 16 years. In any event, it’s crappy service from a company that has had my business for 16 plus years. Great for the stock holders though.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Oh, I thought you said you had insurance, NOT the extended warranty.

Normally, replacements come from Apple if you paid a one time charge to Apple for AppleCare. If you are making monthly payments to Verizon, that is normally Assurion for insurance. Not sure about the extended warranty, though.

For future reference, if you want an extended warranty on an Apple product, you should go with AppleCare thru Apple NOT anything you would pay monthly to Verizon. This is a 1 time charge of $99 and is a MUCH better deal than anything thru Verizon. Keep in mind, though, it does not cover you if you lose your phone. For everything else it does.

handana

Sorry… either way it is crap!

0 Likes
Not applicable

Actually RC had a great response. Apple Care is far superior to Assurion in that it differs only in loss or theft or water damage is covered in Assurion but not under Apple care.

For the few months left I would take the refurbished junk phone and hope it works until you can either upgrade or find anew carrier.

http://www.swappa.com as RC posted is the better choice.

Good Luck

0 Likes