Does anyone know if I can use my iPhone4 in the Bahamas, St Maarten and St Thomas? Do I have to sign up for a special plan?
tonysnana

I am traveling on a cruise to Bahamas, St Maarten and St Thomas.  Do I have to sign up for some special international coverage or will I still be able to receive calls?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Does anyone know if I can use my iPhone4 in the Bahamas, St Maarten and St Thomas? Do I have to sign up for a special plan?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tonysnana,

A vacation sounds spot on right about now. But you raise a great question. We recommend checking out our interactive trip planner for plan suggestions and assistance signing up http://vz.to/1aGvDAs .

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Does anyone know if I can use my iPhone4 in the Bahamas, St Maarten and St Thomas? Do I have to sign up for a special plan?
Doug-Suzie

Maybe late for this answer but hope it helps, I had no service on my Iphone4 in the Bahamas even after adding a 5 dollar unlimited text package. This was Valentines Day weekend and we had NO SERVICE whatsoever. Verizon just confirmed that the network trouble in the Bahamas had been previously documented. My question is how was there broken coordination with an entire country that is updating it's network not compensating/preparing for it? The chaos that ensued from 3 family parties arriving at different times, having no cell service was not pleasant. We literally had to use email on local hotel wifi thru to communicate. Verizon's answer was that we should've run *228 to update but pointed out this was no guarantee that the networking issue would be solved. Whatever the reason, this is unacceptable for the amount we all pay each month. Having been a Verizon supporter for many years, I was very disappointed during this meaningful family event not being able to depend on my phone service. Please check ahead for alerts before you go!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Doug-Suzie,

I understand how important it is to have cell phone communication while travelling, so I definitely know where you're coming from. We make every effort to partner with international cell phone providers to make sure you have coverage when you need it. In this case, while our partner in the Bahamas was updating their network, all phones that update their network prior to leave the U.S. will not experience problems.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes