Re: Double Data Deal
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
What's that have to do with the new plan? I assume ur wife doesent have smartphone. How can it be $20. The only difference between 4g and 3G if u have unlimited plan is nothing. Yes 4g gets if u want it unlimited hotspot for $30 instead of 3G not unlimited $20. 4g and 3G without unlimited is the same on a normal basis without this new plan. It might not be forever so if someone bought one thinking the plan is forever it might not be.

My best advice for iPhone alot of the things u can do like downloading anything over 20 mb u need to use wifi anyways. If u love iPhone 4s keep it I would say. Seems like there's always a new phone every few weeks to months. U must have picked this phone for a good reason.

Btw free palm hotspot wasent from vzw this plan is. It's still free and there not selling them really.
0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

gina7289 wrote:
What's that have to do with the new plan? I assume ur wife doesent have smartphone. How can it be $20. The only difference between 4g and 3G if u have unlimited plan is nothing. Yes 4g gets if u want it unlimited hotspot for $30 instead of 3G not unlimited $20. 4g and 3G without unlimited is the same on a normal basis without this new plan. It might not be forever so if someone bought one thinking the plan is forever it might not be.

My best advice for iPhone alot of the things u can do like downloading anything over 20 mb u need to use wifi anyways. If u love iPhone 4s keep it I would say. Seems like there's always a new phone every few weeks to months. U must have picked this phone for a good reason.

Btw free palm hotspot wasent from vzw this plan is. It's still free and there not selling them really.

she has a droid 2

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
I understand promotions change. Just because u have a special promotion doesent make u special. Can u explain how u got the price so cheap and what kind of phones u got? I get a 20% discount and $10 off add line.
0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

gina7289 wrote:
I understand promotions change. Just because u have a special promotion doesent make u special. Can u explain how u got the price so cheap and what kind of phones u got? I get a 20% discount and $10 off add line.

it was a promotion
i got a fascinate, she got a droid 2

oh and i get 17% off the 110 also due to company discount

so its really $111.30 a month + taxes and fees for 2 smartphones, unlimted data each, unlimted texting, 1400min and 10 friends and family

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
From what I understood u pay $20 for her line and it's a smartphone?
0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
Pic didn't come up right away.
0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
Is that a new promotion or old since there is no unlimited anymore.
0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

old promo, got it last nov or december

as i said, you have to keep an eye out, they pop up

oh and all phone had to be smartphones for this plan

but they made it worth it and affordable

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

they also did $15 data plans (there was a limit, but i don't recall what it was) for about a month last christmas season. i also get the nfl app with free video (sunday, monday, thursday night games and redzone channel). this is also a promotion for LTE devices. iphone and other 3g devices don't get these deals because verizon is promoting LTE. it will be the standard technology, and, as madram pointed out, apple is free to build an LTE device if they wanted and you could get these promotions.....but they didn't and they don't need to because iphones sell themselves. 

fyi....they also email and send out "private" sales and promotions. i was once offered a free device with free tethering (the palm pre) after only 2 months into 2 year contract. i assumed they just wanted to get me into a smartphone for the $30/month since i didn't have a smartphone at the time. 

businesses do this all of the time. just yesterday, toys r us offered $30 off of any tony hawk bike. why not the other bikes? because they apparently want to move the tony hawk bikes. why not 3g devices? because they want their customers to buy LTE devices.

keep in mind also that the holiday season has started and the new devices being rolled out will be LTE devices. verizon wants to push those devices and their sales so they are offering a promotion. you could return your iphone for an LTE device if you REALLY want 4 gigs.

0 Likes
Frank_T

I called in to Verizon and asked for it and they were able to enable it for me on my iPhone 4S. I don't know if it's because I'm still on my 2 week promo period (ends tomorrow) but I was put on hold twice during the call and was able to get it through. I can post a picture if people want proof. 

0 Likes