Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dropped Calls
christophertbaumann

For the past week or so, whenever I have received a call from someone, it will be one of two things:

1.) I pick up and it is silent for about 10 seconds, and then the call gets dropped.

2.) I pick up and say "hello", and I hear my voice echo whatever I say. Apparently, once I reach the person that was calling me, they say that they heard their own voice echo back to them as well. This can happen up to 5 or 6 times until it finally works like a normal phone call.

My phone is only a couple of months old, and I never drop it and it's always in a case. I also update the phone through itunes regularly.

Any advice for what the problem may be(what causes this), or how I could get this resolved?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Dropped Calls
dragonboy4578

I have been having the same issue. I never had this issue before, but lately it has been getting worse and worse.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I can hear you loud and clear christophertbaumann. It sounds like you take great care of your phone. I'm glad you're keeping your iPhone updated through iTunes so frequently, because that's one of the first steps to ensuring the phone is going to work great! Was there an update installed when these two strange calling issues began? Do these audio issues seem to only occur when it's an incoming call, or on outbound calls too? Does this seem to happen when you're somewhere (a zip code, city/state, etc) in particular?

I look forward to finding out more so we can get to the bottom of this for you.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
christophertbaumann

Hi Jennifer,

It only seems to happen when it is incoming calls. And it only seems like it happens when i'm in my college town. There were no updates of any sort when the issue started occurring.

So yesterday, I did some research and tried calling, I believe it was *228 and "reset my preferred towers" or something along those lines. Since then, I haven't had any problems so it maybe fixed the problem, but i can't be sure just yet. What does dialing *228 actually do for my phone?

And if it doesn't end up working, what would you recommend I do?

0 Likes