Employee Discount (from the company you work for, not Verizon employee)
s2000

When trying to pre-order or now order an iPhone 4s while logged in to our account we get a message:

"Employee Discounts will not be applied to this order, do you want to proceed?"

If you say no then you exit, if you say yes then sure enough the voice, text, and data plans all are full price and do not show our normal discounts.  Order any other phone on a new line and they appear, order an old iPhone and they appear, but not on a 4s or the new 8gb 4.  I am not going to check with a 2 year contract showing a full price per month.

If I try via the company link over at AT&T you could pre-order / order and get the company discount.  I have not checked Sprint.

I was not expecting a discount on the phone, we never got those on any iPhone or many of the top 'droid models. I was expecting to keep the discount on the monthly voice and data dollars as we have been getting for years.

Is this an error or perhaps the discounts are going to return after the launch excitement dies down?

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Employee Discount (from the company you work for, not Verizon employee)
kevinpy
Enthusiast - Level 3

That is just for discounts on the phone. Some companies allow discounts on phones, accessories, and the data and voice on the plan. Others are different, depends on your employer's relationship with the company. I have an iPhone 4 and am getting my 12% off on voice and data. I have another account where I only get voice (prob because data is limited to one device, the primary one). But to answer your question, your monthly discount will not be affected. If it stops showing up, just call Verizon and ask if you need to re-add it, but you shouldn't have to. A new phone shouldn't affect that at all.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

most of the time employee discount only apply to equipment you are paying full price on

not subsidized pricing

this is negiated on a per company basis

check with the person that handles it for your company to see what you are eligable for

i get 17% off voice/data for my primary line and 25% off accessories or full price phones

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You will keep the discount you are eligible for on voice and/or data. As mentioned, that message was more in reference to the iPhone not being eligible for discounts (the employee discount I have also gives discounts on eligible devices, but generally the devices most people want are not eligible. Also, Apple products are generally excluded from coupon/discounts...).

0 Likes
s2000

Thanks for the replies.  We are supposed to get 19% off voice and I think 20% off data. 

The thing that bothers me is that if I choose anything except the 4s or 8b 4 then it shows me the discount on the service (none on the phone). It shows this as you pick the plans and again on the order summary screen.

If I choose a 4s phone then (in addition to the warning message) it shows no discount on the service at all.  In addition you can't change the billing info - it is all greyed out.  Any order except 4s and you can modify the bill and ship info without a problem.

So even though you SAY the discount should apply to the bill, I would be more comfortable it the ordering process actually reflected the discount - as it does for any other phone order.  Having a phone rep tell me the discount applies is worthless as that is not something you can take to the bank.  I guess I will wait until VZW fixes the ordering process for the 4s models...

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

s2000 wrote:

Thanks for the replies.  We are supposed to get 19% off voice and I think 20% off data. 

The thing that bothers me is that if I choose anything except the 4s or 8b 4 then it shows me the discount on the service (none on the phone). It shows this as you pick the plans and again on the order summary screen.

If I choose a 4s phone then (in addition to the warning message) it shows no discount on the service at all.  In addition you can't change the billing info - it is all greyed out.  Any order except 4s and you can modify the bill and ship info without a problem.

So even though you SAY the discount should apply to the bill, I would be more comfortable it the ordering process actually reflected the discount - as it does for any other phone order.  Having a phone rep tell me the discount applies is worthless as that is not something you can take to the bank.  I guess I will wait until VZW fixes the ordering process for the 4s models...

This same message existed during the Feb upgrades. If you search the forum you should be able to find these concerns. I upgraded and the same warning popped up. I have a 20% data discount and 16% voice discount. My discount did not disappear. Are you changing your plan during the order? If not, then changes to your account aren't being made. If you are changing to a global plan then it's possible the discounts don't apply to that (not sure if they exclude global plans) but otherwise, the discount on data and voice remains. Call CS and ask for a supervisor to get them to give you an answer so that you can be more at ease.

0 Likes
JoeNe
Contributor - Level 2

I can confirm that the plan and data discounts still apply, at least they did on my account.

0 Likes
Rescue814
Enthusiast - Level 3

JoeNe wrote:

I can confirm that the plan and data discounts still apply, at least they did on my account.

Same here, no discount applied to equipment only.

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thank you all for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to help out our fellow community members.

@s2000,

Your employee discount will not be affected by upgrading to an iPhone 4S. You will continue to receive your employee discount on your account as usual. The message you are seeing regarding the employee discount not applying to the order is referring to the cost of the phone. Rest assure that your will continue to receive your employee discount.

I hope this information has been helpful.

0 Likes
barfbag

FYI, this is still the case.  Pick any phone except the 4s (including the iPhone 4) and it takes you to the preorder.verizonwireless.com page and says no discount. This happens on new service or add a line.  Pick non-4s phones and it all works smooth and shows the employee discount before you check out.

Is it safe to assume that my employee discont will apply to two 4s phones on a family plan?

Thanks

0 Likes