Ever since the new update it appears that I no longer have 3G only 1x.
lwilson0104

Is there a setting to correct this?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Ever since the new update it appears that I no longer have 3G only 1x.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lwilson0104,

Updating software on the phone should be an easy task with enhancements that will help improve the experience with your device. I am concerned to hear that was not the case with your phone but we will work to get this resolved for you. What you can do is try to update the network settings on the phone to see if that works. You would go into Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. Try this and keep us posted on the outcome.

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
lwilson0104

This did not work

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for trying that lwilson0104!

How does the service work with 1X? Are you having issues with voice calls or data? Also, how does the service work in other areas? Do you know if anyone else is experiencing the same issue in the area?

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
lwilson0104

The service is horrible with 1x.  It is so slow.  It is super slow with any data at anytime anywhere.  Using it is like using dial up modems from way back in the day.    Calls appear to be ok.  No one that I know if is having this problem except for the people I see here in this forum.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks, lwilson0104. That is typical with 1x. Are you able to dial *228 option 2? After that is done, put the phone in Airplane mode for about 5 seconds and then put it back in regular mode to see if the signal improves.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes