Excessive data usage on iPhone 4S (do I need an app killer?)
ColtsChiefsTitans

My son has an iPhone 4s which he insists he ALWAYS has hooked up to our home Wifi (Apple Extreme), and that he's NOT using apps, games, etc. outside of the house.  He does watch ALOT of Netflix at home, but claims he's on Wifi all the time.  Yet his data usage is over 2GB per month!!! Is it possible his app's (Netflix, Pandora) are running while he's at school all day, eating up data?  Or maybe his phone is switching between Wifi & 3G to keep the streaming smooth?  Can anybody help me diagnose this?  Would an App Killer make any difference (to shut off all apps when not in use)??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Excessive data usage on iPhone 4S (do I need an app killer?)
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does he leave the 3G data connection turned on while he is connected to your home's wifi network for long periods of time?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Excessive data usage on iPhone 4S (do I need an app killer?)
AZSALUKI
Legend

don't use an app killer. the iphone has had a known issue with the cellular data actually coming on sometimes, even when wifi is on. the only way to be completely safe is to turn off mobile/cellular data when on wifi.

0 Likes