Extended Network....3G?
Evermaat
Hey jus got the iPhone 4 last week and I want some 3G but I'm on extended network in Morgantown wv since I'm in college. So there's no 3G anywhere but im on us cellular towers. Which have 3G service. All my friends who use us cellular have 3G coverage here.... Is there any way I can use us cellular's Data network? Without 3G everything is so slow!!! And yes I already enabled data roaming
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Extended Network....3G?
Evermaat
Anyone???????
0 Likes
nismos14
Contributor - Level 1

You can try *228 and see if that will allow you to pick up towers there, but it's unlikely. There's not much you can really do.

0 Likes
jwiggs23

I'm having this exact same issue.  My phone is showing extended more than being on verizon.  Which means my phone can't do anything.  Very frustrating

0 Likes
Evermaat
Called customer serivice and they said theres not really much that can be done. Even though these towers have 3G we can't connect because us cellular allows us to connect to 1X network but not the 3G one so we just have to deal with slow data. I wish someone knew some kind of workaround
0 Likes
Not applicable
I wouldn't have bought a Verizon phone if Verizon doesn't have coverage there. You can return the phone within 14 days of purchase.
0 Likes
DougG12

I spoke to a tech at the Verizon store about this exact problem today. My son is headed to WVU in the fall and wants to have an iphone or other smartphone and we’re Verizon customers.

The tech says the best workaround is to point your iphone to the WVU WIFI Hotspots. So if you’re in the dorms, classes or anywhere on campus, link your phone to WIFI. This will ultimately run faster than 3G anyway. Easy to do and the same way an ipod works.

If you are where there is no WIFI then you will get the slow download speeds you have now.

DougG

0 Likes
CJgrandma

Turn on your roaming for voice and data and it will connect you to an extended network in your area.  Hope it works for you. I was about to throw mine out the window.  Go to settings, cellular and then roaming voice &  data.  Try it!!!!

CJgrandma

0 Likes