Facebook pictures
javabaldy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ao sooo frustrated! On my iphone 4 90% of the pictures won't show up on facebook. Even when I tether and use my notebook the pictures don't show up. I have tried firefox, internet explorer, safari...etc. Why is Verizon blocking these images?? It's only when I use Verizon data. It's NOT facebook, because when I use my computer on another provider via wifi or whatever it works fine.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Facebook pictures
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Not sure why you're having issues...I can post pictures to my FB just fine...via VZW 3G and wifi. Do you have a good 3G signal? I assume your issue is when you try posting via 3G since you think it's VZW blocking your pics. If you're using wifi then VZW has nothing to do with that (unless of course your wifi service is provided by VZW). I'm not sure about issues related to trying to post pics to FB via the VZW hotspot (or teethering), but perhaps someone can shed light on it for you. You can try the usual (as far as your iPhone goes)...reset/restart/restore/*228 option 2. You might also try deleting the FB app and re-installing to see if that helps.

0 Likes
javabaldy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've tried all the above... I have the correct data plans for my phone as well as personal mobile hot spot. It can't be the facebook app itself because the same problem occurs when I use my computer accessing the desktop site of facebook while tethered to my iphone using verizon's data connection.

BTW, I can upload pics just fine... I just can'tt see any pics of mine or friends in the newsfeed. There's a place holder that shows for the images but it's blank. Videos show up fine just no still images. (sigh).

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Again, no idea what the issue may be for you since I have no issues uploading or viewing pics on FB uploaded from my iPhone using 3G. So...I really don't know what else to tell you. Contact VZW if you really think the issue is solely on them. Ask a friend to go to your fb page and check if they can see the pics you state that you can't see. I'm pretty sure that whatever the issue is it is not VZW blocking your pics as you stated in your 1st post. You said they are uploading and just are showing on your devices...so that would seem to eliminate the idea tht VZW is blocking them. I would invite you to view my FB pics to show that they are uploading and showing fine on my end but my fb page is private.

Oh...no clue if this will work but close the FB app (double click the home button to make the active apps show at the bottom, hold your finger on one until they start to wiggle, then click the red minus sign to close each app) and then try going back in to see if that helps. Or...if you have access to wifi (NOT your VZW teethering or hotspot data plan) try viewing that way. If it works then I would think there is a network issue going on in your area or with the tower your iPhone is accessing at the location you're in. You would still need to contact VZW tech support to get them to check further into the issue but it won't hurt to have tried yourself  first so you can let them know all of the scenarios you have already tried.

0 Likes
javabaldy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I sure wish I knew what causes it. I did switch my phone to a wifi connection and facebook worked fine LOL so I cant help but believe it's a Verizon issue.

0 Likes