FamilyBase with iPhone 4
mrd92

Hello,

We have FamilyBase, but really got it to track the time my teenager spends on certain applications (snapchat, instagram, etc.). Unfortunately, I find out afterwards that this component doesn't work for iOS devices. Any idea when this feature will be available?

Thank you!

mrd92

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: FamilyBase with iPhone 4
challe
Enthusiast - Level 1

SAME HERE!!!   You need to fix yourself Verizon and get this corrected.

I am highly disappointed with FamilyBase. Neither the FamilyBase homepage nor the Terms and Conditions specify the limitations to iOS phones. Since iOS phone are by far the most popular smartphones for teens, I find Verizon's advertising to be very dishonest. After I signed-up, I finally found the FAQ page. Only then did I find out the following. http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/faqs/FeaturesandOptionalServices/family-base.html#item39

“ What devices are compatible with Verizon FamilyBase Companion?

Verizon FamilyBase Companion is compatible with most Android phones running Android 2.1 or higher.” 

“Both parents and children can use iPhone with FamilyBase. However, some of the on-device functionalities of FamilyBase aren’t currently compatible with iPhone.

If your child is using iPhone:

•Calling and messaging usage on the child’s iPhone can be monitored

•App usage can’t be monitored

•The child’s iPhone can’t be locked on demand

If you’re using iPhone as the parent’s device and your child has an Android™ device:

•You can monitor your child’s usage on your phone

•You can lock your child’s Android device through My Verizon”

youshakeitbaby
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had exactly the same issue.  Except, before I purchased iphones for my teenagers I SPECIFICALLY asked the verizon employee if there was a way to monitor/control apps, calls, texting etc with an iphone and he told me yes, Family Base.  I wouldn't have even gotten iphones if I knew Family Base didn't work with iOS.  Dishonest!  Fix!  Now!

slomom
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Verizon store salesman assured me that the familybase would provide all the control/monitoring I was looking for when I purchased my daughters new iPhones.  I can't imagine he was unaware that this program is useless for  iPhone.  If I had known I would have made a different selection.  I also agree that Verizon is keeping this from consumers by not clearly disclosing this on their website/videos/salespeople etc.  They are guilty of misleading their customers and should be ashamed!

lawyermom61

Same here!!  I just spent hours trying to figure out what I was doing wrong in trying to set up restrictions on my newly purchased Family Base.  Turns out it just doesn't work for any of my kids' iphones!!  I hate Verizon!!!!

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

If you read the information regarding Family Base and iPhones, you would see that it has limited activity with iPhones.

This is not an issue with Verizon.  The iPhone OS does not allow access to certain things.

Perhaps you need to get a different type of phone if you are trying to set up restrictions such as that using Family Base.

0 Likes
Jwl03
Enthusiast - Level 1

Granted that iOS is locked down, the issue is the lack of disclosure of this by Verizon across the board. No where in the upfront marketing or spiels by Sales Reps is this disclosed. It's not until you dig in to specific knowledge base info that it states the limitations under iOS. This is deceitful and in my opinion fraudulent on the part of Verizon. It should be upfront in the materials and during the activation script. Just my 2 cents worth.

pdharrison100

Is this still the case with iPhone - 7/13/2017 ???

I need to see what apps my child is using and show my ex-wife how much he is on his phone.

0 Likes