Folders
stardst

I love my new Iphone4S! I was wondering if there is someway that I can organize and make different folders to place my different apps in? For example, I have downloaded apps to entertain my granddaughters, which I would like to place all of those apps into one folder and rename it with my granddaughter's name. I'm just new at this, and have not been able to find where I could make different folders. Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Folders
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Yes, you can do this. Put your finger on one of the apps until it (and all of the others on your phone) start to shake/wiggle. Drag the app on top of another one that you would want in the same folder. This will create a folder which you can rename (a name will automatically show based on the type of apps added). Now all you have to do is drag any other apps you want to add to that folder. Repeat the process to create other folders.

0 Likes
JoeNe
Contributor - Level 2

The easiest way to do this is when connected to iTunes.  if you drag an app on top of another app a folder will be created.  It will then give you an opportunity to label the folder.  When you are done dragging, dropping and creating folders you click "Apply" at tge bottom right of the screen in iTures.  The changes will sync with your iPhone and walla, it's done.  

You can also do it from the phone itself by holding down an app, then dragging it on top of another app until a folder appears.  You can then label the folder the same way.

I prefer using iTunes because it is easier to see what I'm doing and easier to fix something if I screw up a folder.

Take a look at the user guide for detailed instructions.  (see link) Page 22 is where it starts.

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/iphone_user_guide.pdf

0 Likes
stardst

Thank you so much in answering my question. I appreciate it so much

0 Likes