For the last couple of months my phone has had horrible reception.
welchsrus

For the last couple of months my phone has had horrible phone reception !! And slow as a slug ! Drops calls.. ugh !! I called and they said that they may have lost a contract on a local tower ... Well guess what ppl ? I signed a 2 year contract to use that fricken tower ????  I get (o) or  ( - - - - ) even (EXTENDED) in my home and work place this is crazy since I spend 99% of my life at either or . *228 every day sometimes twice a day ..

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: For the last couple of months my phone has had horrible reception.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What area of the country are you located?  When you are in a good coverage area have you tried to update your preferred roaming list and reset the phone's connection to the network.  Dial *228, option 1.  Reboot the phone and then dial *228, option 2.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Not sure updating the PRL will work as the phone will always look for VZW towers first. And if it finds one, even with a marginal signal, the device will not look for a roaming partner. However, resetting may work

0 Likes
welchsrus

I do the * 228 several times a day ... And resting an iPhone don't seem to make any difference either .. I paid to use the damn tower

I signed another two year contract when my service was good . Now, it's gone to crap ! The way I see it is they have the have breeched the terms if the contract !

Me )

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Have you ID'd the tower you are having issues with and called tech support. As with Droids, I am certain there is an iPhone app that will give you the tower ID you are hitting at that time.

Also what is the numerical signal strength when having issues? Not the number of bars?

0 Likes
welchsrus

I have spent hours on the phone with them.. They claim it is my phone ??? It's my whole family not just one phone it's, even effecting my daughter Droid .. They are suppose to call me again.. One even mention a re router ? But, believes I'd have to pay added fees.. I pay 350 a month to this company .. I don't want to pay more .. I can go ore pay for a whole lot less, and equivalent to the service I am receiving now ... But, I just signed a new contract in Nov.. I have had Verizon for years ! This is absurd ..

Me )

0 Likes