Former iPhone user texts
llyus74

I have an iPhone.  My son used to have an iPhone.   He bought a new Samsung Galaxy.  I can no longer send texts to him.  My phone keeps trying to send the text via iMessage.  I've tried a hard reset (?).  I've tried removing him from my contacts.  I keep getting a "Message Send Failure" message.  Any suggestions?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Former iPhone user texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for that information, Elector. The good news is that we can get your son access to his messages again. He should unregister his Apple ID by following these steps.

Step 1
Go to supportprofile.apple.com/MySupportProfile.do.  

Step 2

Step 3
Select the product you need to de-register (your iPhone, for example).  

Step 4
Click ‘Unregister’.  

Step 5
You’ll see the message ‘Are you sure you want to unregister and delete this product?’ – Click ‘Unregister’ again.

**Important info** By unregistering your iPhone from your Apple ID through the Apple site, it won’t have access to the App Store or content you’ve purchased unless you reregister it.***

View solution in original post

Not applicable

The imessage on your sons phone (old iPhone) must be turned off. He must unregister the device from his iTunes account.

The two iphones you both had were using imessage your device still thinks he has an iPhone.

http://m.fastcolabs.com/3014297/i-switched-from-iphone-to-android-and-now-i-cant-get-texts

The other solution is for you to turn off imessage on your iPhone and then send a text message to his android.

It will not be sent as an imessage but as a regular MMS/text

Good Luck

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for that information, Elector. The good news is that we can get your son access to his messages again. He should unregister his Apple ID by following these steps.

Step 1
Go to supportprofile.apple.com/MySupportProfile.do.  

Step 2

Step 3
Select the product you need to de-register (your iPhone, for example).  

Step 4
Click ‘Unregister’.  

Step 5
You’ll see the message ‘Are you sure you want to unregister and delete this product?’ – Click ‘Unregister’ again.

**Important info** By unregistering your iPhone from your Apple ID through the Apple site, it won’t have access to the App Store or content you’ve purchased unless you reregister it.***