From Argentina, need to unlock
cubacenter

Hi, a friend just come from USA and give me as gift his iphone 4 16gb black from verizon. I need to unlock it for using with argeninian carrier.

How u can help me?

Thanks so much, Gaston

>>Personal information removed<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: From Argentina, need to unlock
rcschnoor
Legend

The Verizon iPhone 4 does not use a sim card and therefore cannot be unlocked to be used by a GSM carrier.

0 Likes
cubacenter

Sorry it's iPhone 4s 16 gb how can I unlock it

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The phone should have been unlocked in the United States when it was still active on a Verizon Wireless line of service. You must be a current Verizon Wireless customer and meet other requirements to qualify for the SIM unlock on Verizon Wireless devices.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
cubacenter

Hi sorry about my poor english, maybe i can not say correct meaning. The phone will won't be back at the USA and was gived to me as a gift. I need to unlock so i can use with a country carrier, there is some way to unlock giving the imei? or paying something?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Verizon will not unlock an iPhone 4S for use on a foreign carrier UNLESS it is currently active on a Verizon account.

I assume your friend is a Verizon customer who gave you his iPhone 4S? You should send the phone back to him/her, they can activate it on their account and get it unlocked. He/she can then re-activate their phone back on their account and send the iPhone back to you. You would then be able to use the device on a carrier in your country.

If you are unwilling/unable to do this, your best bet would be to sell the device(on ebay for example) to someone who would be able to use it.

0 Likes