Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
From the USA to Ireland
mcor

I am going on a trip to Ireland this Christmas. I will be stopping over in London, before going to Ireland. I have a IPhone 4 and was planning on using WiFi to communicate to my sisters, who will also be in Europe, through Skype. Will this work?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: From the USA to Ireland
silver6056

Wifi will work fine, so if Skype is ok for you now, there will be no problem.  With the 4, rather than the 4s, you won't be able to get cellular signal, which is good as well as bad, no unexpected charges

0 Likes
Re: From the USA to Ireland
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

That sounds like such an exciting trip mcor! WiFi (where it's available) will absolutely work as silver6056 mentioned. Ireland and London both use a service called GSM, which isn't available on your iPhone 4, so voice and mobile data won't work. But when you're connected to WiFi, you'll be able to use data services like email and other applications you have on your phone. We do also offer a rental program if you'd like to borrow a phone to use voice and mobile data too. Check out http://bit.ly/xZd3pS for more details and pricing while you travel.

Have a great trip!

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes