GPRS connection question
Jkat86
Enthusiast - Level 1

My iPhone 4, keeps switching to 3G and GPRS (which is the circle with no fill). I have called Verizon for help. They are sending me a replacement phone. Has anyone else dealt with this?

I have wifi off, have reset my network connections, and nothing helps. I can't do anything but text and make phone calls.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: GPRS connection question
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Actually it is probably connecting to the CDMA 1xRTT voice network not GPRS. Are you in a location with low signal or an extended service area?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Jkat86
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't know what that means, but thanks for replying. I'm at work, where I usually am and I haven't had this problem before. My co worker, has 3G right now on hers.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon uses the CDMA network with has 1xRTT for voice and EDVO for the 3G data connection.

In the troubleshooting with CS, did you reset the network by dialing *228, option 1 and then option 2 to update your PRL (roaming list)?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Jkat86
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok, I just did both and it says 3G at the top but than goes back to the circle.

0 Likes
Jkat86
Enthusiast - Level 1

Everyone I work with who has an iPhone is dealing with the same issue, is a cell tower down?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maybe. Can you call Verizon Wireless customer service from a landline at 1-800-922-0204 or *611 from your phone? Then you can ask them if there is a service issue in the area.

Jkat86
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for your help. I submitted a ticket, and they're going to look into it. Smiley Happy

0 Likes