Get rid of the overage payments on proactive and interactive basis? (Give us a Break!!)
t_h_arner
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just recerntly had a similar situation with my new edge plan. I justed wanted to say that I have been a huge legacy and new verizon proponent customer for years. But, this is bad. VZW.com needs to offer a different data package or be flexible. This is a ripoff and a scam to max profits. What happened to unlimited plans? WTF!

I recently purchased a LG smart phone and Jetpack after getting rid of my iphone. I purchased a 4 Gig plan. Thinking that the 2 gig plan is not enough. I am thinking that the I can control the amount of data that I use and not go over the threshold. Wrong.  I went over the 4 gig mark toward the end of this month and after raising my plan up to 6 gigs it happened again 4 days before my cycle ended. Being charged $15 for overages is not fair. I download image files a the LAN that can be 3-5 gigs, large downloads are common. 

Now I can control my downloads and will do that, MS updates and the such, working on it. But the company should let people get used to living within their means by offering to get rid of the overage payments on proactive and interactive basis. The lady i spoke with about the issue was not understanding. She just told I change my plan and raise the plan up to 8 gigs. Not nicely, why would VZ put her in that position?  Well some people can not just throw money at this. Hello?

If VZW and Verizon are going to control the countrys data plane and backbone they need to play fair. I should be able to purchase a fixed cost product and not be nickled and dimed to death. Since going to the share everything plan VZ profits are way up. It's has been reported on the web.  This is not right. This is highway robbery.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Get rid of the overage payments on proactive and interactive basis? (Give us a Break!!)
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Why would Verizon get rid of the overage payments for data that you have legitimately used (by your own admission) on their network?

If you need more data than you originally purchased, then your option is to purchase more.  Just like any other purchase.  If you want to eat more cookies, you have to pay for more cookies.  If you want to drink more beer, you have to pay for more beer. 

And as to the suggestion of a "fixed cost product", well they have a 50GB plan for $375 a month.  That's a fixed cost.

0 Likes
Re: Get rid of the overage payments on proactive and interactive basis? (Give us a Break!!)
Not applicable

Personally I would turn cellular data off when at home and use only WiFi. Also set your device to update on WiFi

That will cut down on the data usage.

Cellular data is not meant to replace broadband or WiFi.

Good Luck

0 Likes