Getting Charged For Multiple Text Messages between iPhone 4 and Samsung phones
thomascmacdonald

A friend started using a Samsung smart phone (Gaxlaxy, I think) several months ago.  Since this change, I have reached my monthly quota for text messages, something that never happened before.  After an hour on the 611 help line, I was informed that texts between iPhones and Samsung often result in multiple text message records even though only one has been sent/received.

Customer service's solution was for me to upgrade to more minutes for an additional $6 per month.  My solution was for Verizon to fix their software glitch so this does not happen.  I was transferred to Tech Support who took me through a variety of procedures, none of which did anything.

Now, I just received a message that I am over my monthly quota of texts and will be charged for any additional. 

All the humans I spoke to acknowledged the problem but seemed powerless to do anything but sell me upgrades.

The money is not the issue.  I spend more than that on cigars during the front nine of a golf round.  The issue is me getting charged for what is Verizon's problem.

At this point, I have had it to the point that ATT's recent offer is looking pretty good.

I hate to make changes but will unless some creative person out there has a fix for this issue.

Labels (1)
0 Likes