Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Google Maps or similar
MsConnie67

Hey Folks,

I have the Droid X now and am getting ready to purchase the iPhone 4s.  I love my Google Maps App on my Droid with the turn-by-turn directions and it also SPEAKS the directions.  I know the iPhone has Google Maps, but is there an app that SPEAKS turn-by-turn directions on the iPhone??  Please help...  Thank you...... Connie

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Google Maps or similar
AZSALUKI
Community Leader
Community Leader

you can check out this one for a free version of something that may work, but it is pretty basic:

http://gizmodo.com/5505489/mapquests-free-iphone-app-now-does-turn+by+turn-voice-directions

i believe there are a few really good apps for the iphone, but they are fairly expensive.

this one also looks pretty nice and is free:

http://lifehacker.com/5870122/the-best-turn+by+turn-navigation-app-for-iphone

0 Likes
Wildman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Azsaluki suggestion are a good way to go but also if you want to try a nice pay app that I have grown to love, check out iGO My Way...  Wish the would sale retail for Android I would still be using it.

0 Likes
evdotech
Novice

Use NAVIGON

Telenav bites and google maps is unreliable in big cities like San Francisco. 

However when I used Navigon in San Francisco it worked Perfectly....RELIABLE plus it shows you were the red light cameras are so you can get ready to brake.

PLUS NAVIGON DOESNT REQUIRE A DATA CONNECTION all maps reside on your Memory Card about 3 Gigs

I even have navigon installed on a spare android phone in my glove box just in case

0 Likes
Wildman
Community Leader
Community Leader

iGO has all those features also...   Also supports 3D buildings and landmarks for major cities.

0 Likes
gina7239

Mapquest app turn by turn voice etc

0 Likes
soupcannon

Waze is a good one it also let's users tag problems on the road

0 Likes