Google Voice - possible to be call forwarded to someone else?
spooked

Hi all,

I have an ex-boyfriend who knew about a job opportunity, and called them, to tell them to not hire me, despite me not discussing it with anyone and only receiving the job offer in private on my cell phone IN MY OWN HOME. Needless to say, I was convinced my phone had been tapped, and promptly changed my number.

Upon reviewing the phone bill, I noticed that my calls were all being call forwarded, and after researching that number from the bill, it came out to be Google Voice. Does anyone here happen to know anything about how my phone could have been set up with Google Voice without my knowing, and how great of detail Google Voice provides in terms of calls, when forwarded? This ex-boyfriend has been arrested twice since our breakup. I'd like to ensure my safety, and see if only voicemails could be forwarded, or actual calls could be listened in on, or texts read.

Also, does anyone know how I could actually contact Google Voice or Verizon to get greater detail on the final number that my calls were being forwarded to? Both seem to have a lot of links to "community support," just like Verizon, with little means to contact employees or official representatives with such an important question.

Thanks all.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Google Voice - possible to be call forwarded to someone else?
rcschnoor
Legend

You can dial *73 from your mobile device to have Google Voice deactivated on your phone. You may have to set up your voicemail thru Verizon once you do so.

This is simply an inexpensive form of Visual Voicemail rather than paying Verizon a $2.99 monthly fee for their Visual Voicemail option.

If you would like visual voicemail and don't want Verizon's fee OR Google Voice, then you can always go with YouMail, too.

For the record, other people cannot listen in on your Google Voice calls. If you answer the call, no one else is listening. You can have it set up to forward calls, but you cannot listen in from multiple locations.

0 Likes