HELP!!!!!! Iphone 4s alert tones not working
Christinelyn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Does anyone know how to fix the volume problems I'm having? Sometimes the phone will ring with an incoming call sometimes it won't. None of my alerts work for my calender and at times for my messages I receive. Yes the volume is on and the volume is turned up all the way. I did a hard set on it and I have talked with Tech Support and the said to do a Master Reset which will delete all info. on phone and restore it to factory condition. Has anyone does this and did it work? I miss most of my calls and message alerts.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HELP!!!!!! Iphone 4s alert tones not working
Ermalvo

I am having the same problem on the iPhone 5.  Since it was still under warranty, I had it replaced.

0 Likes
Christinelyn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did they make you try other things 1st before they replaced it? I've had mine for about 7 months.

0 Likes
Ermalvo

The problem was on the iPhone 5,  but they made me do a soft reset, and after that didn't work, they had me do a restore using iTunes.  Right after the restore process was complete, the problem occurred again!!!  I told them this morning that they needed to ship me another phone.  I also have the 4s, but it does not have the tone problem.  Instead, it has the call waiting issue where I hear the beep, but there's no option to change the call over nor does it show who is calling.  For that problem I've done the following thru multiple calls to VZW.

a. soft reset (power key + Home key)

b. Erase and reset on the phone

c.  call #228 to register on the network

d.  Register on the network using Settings

e.  Restore using iTunes.

Some of these options might help you with your alert tone problem. 

0 Likes
Christinelyn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did the soft reset and now they told me to do the master reset which will delete everything. I can back it all up through Itunes they said. I'm afraid to do that cuz I might not know how to get it all back onto the phone. Was it hard or fairly easy to do? What is the call #228 for?

0 Likes
Ermalvo

If you do a master reset, iTunes will walk you through the whole process.

Just be sure to do the Back up when it asks. #228 was something that

supposedly registered me on the network.

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 10:32 AM, Christinelyn <community@verizonwireless.com

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Christinelyn,

I apologize for the delayed response to the trouble you're incurring. A restore from iTunes does retrieve all of your content as long as it's been backed up with iTunes before the reset. If you haven't done this yet, I do encourage you to complete it as soon as possible as not receiving these alerts can definitely be inconvenient. I would suggest completing the reset and waiting 24 hours to restore your details. During these 24 hours verify that the alerts work without trouble and then restore your info. If the trouble starts again when your info is reloaded, the issue is from the info saved. The option offered by Ermalvo should actually be *228 not #228. This allows the device to reprogram with the towers and is recommended to be done once every 3-6 months. Please keep us posted to the experience after the reset.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ermalvo

We ended up having to replace the phone....very disappointed.

Sent from E's iPad.

On Nov 18, 2012, at 3:36 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
JR46

I have done the soft and hard restart (iTunes).  It has not helped.  About 3 days ago, I lost all audible alerts for email, text, calendar, etc..  I also lost keyboard response (artificial clicks).  Ringer and speaker (including Siri) still work for phone.  When I go into settings to set alerts, the only sound I get is the vibrate -- even when setting audible alerts.  Don't know what else to check and whom do I call to replace?

0 Likes