HELP: texting issues after hurricane
jamiebru

Hi,

I've noticed a lot of issues with my phone lately and was wondering if I could get some help.  These issues started occurring after the hurricane so I was also wondering if perhaps there are service issues with verizon that might be affecting my phone because of the hurricane and if maybe there are other people experiencing the same things.

So, my phone occasionally will not send a text message regardless of the amount of service I currently have. I get error messages all the time and have to attempt to send the message up to three times before it finally works. Likewise, my mother texted me asking why I sent her a message three times when I had only sent it once. These are all minor issues, but the one thing that is bothering me the most, as it is making it impossible for me to have a conversation or make plans with anyone is that my phone is not receiving text messages at the appropriate time. On occasion it will, but there are times when I will receive four texts to a conversation I was having hours before much too late. I've also noticed that the texts that are received in a timely manner usually seem to prompt the older texts to come through--when I receive messages they seem to come in groups at the same time regardless of when they were actually sent.

As I said, however, these issues all began happening after hurricane Sandy and because I currently live in New York City, I was wondering if this is something that comes as a consequence of the hurricane that I will simply have to wait out, or if there is something wrong with my phone.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: texting issues after hurricane
Amysuema

I'm having the exact same problems.  Did you get any answers from Verizon on this?

0 Likes
Re: texting issues after hurricane
jamiebru

I haven't heard anything from verizon about it yet but I did run into another verizon user (without an iPhone) who said he's been having the same problems. I think it's pretty safe to assume hurricane sandy messed things up but hopefully someone can confirm or deny that.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Re: HELP: texting issues after hurricane
rcschnoor
Legend

Just so you know, this is NOT a CS forum and can be several weeks before a Verizon rep even sees your post, let alone responds to it, if they ever do. If you would like a confirmation from Verizon, you should call *611 from your phone.

0 Likes