Hacked
missycarr11

my phone has been hacked. I lost all my phone numbers, email sending out messages with a link on it how do I restore?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Hacked
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so sorry to learn about your contacts and email being erased, missycarr11! Do you have your contacts saved to iTunes or iCloud? Perhaps Backup Assistant? Have anything else from your device been affected by the recent occurance? You can verify if your contacts are saved to Backup Assistant by logging in at vzw.com/myverizon and clicking "Contacts". You can also re-add email accounts under Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendar > Account Account. Keep me posted!

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sspradling

Our account was also hacked on Friday.  We held on the phone for the Fraud department for 4 hours.  We still haven't heard from Verizon.  Our on line account was hacked, our phones blocked, and a payment was posted, and we were removed from paperless billing.  We also have an account passcode set-up that was compromised. 

The customer service department reinstated our phones, and reversed the payment; however, no explanation whatsoever.       

WHATS UP VERIZON?????????????????????????????/

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear sspradling,

Good afternoon. Wow, seems like you have recently gone through a lot with your account. Fraud is always alarming and concerning.

I understand you contacted Fraud regarding your account being hacked. What was the outcome after speaking with Fraud? Are you still unable to use service? Please share details.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
sspradling

I have yet to speak with the Fraud department.  It is impossible to get through to them even Verizon CSR department can't get through. 

>> Personal information removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
sspradling

I still haven't heard from Fraud Department or anyone from VERIZON for that matter. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello sspradling,

Thank you for keeping us updated. We want to do all that we can to get this issue resolved for you. Fraud is a very intimidating and we do not want anyone to experience such an event. Let's get you to the correct channel as soon as possible. May I ask what number did you call? The number to our ID fraud dept is 888-483-7200. The hours are Mon - Fri: 8 AM - 9 PM ET and Saturday: 1 - 9 PM ET. Now if you have experience cloning fraud then the hours are different, Mon - Fri: 8 AM - 9:30 PM ET. If this is the number that you are calling then please advise so we can take another avenue to get this resolved.

Thank you…  

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sspradling

The CSR said Fraud was closed on Saturdays.  The CSR agent did do what she could once when we get through to that department. CSR reestablished our phone lines, reveresed the payment that was posted against our account, but no one has addressed how all this happened.  Verizon was aware the fraud activity was occuring that morning and made notes on the account, but did not contact us.  I got a text message stating a payment had been posted then all 3 lines quit working.

The CSR agent held for Fraud for 6 hours.  She kept texting me apologizing.  I have tried the number listed above everyday. I can't stay hold for hours.  How about Verizon being proactive and contacting the customer?

0 Likes
Hacked
arr1980

join the club

0 Likes