Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Has anyone else had damage from humidity??
acbelmar

Hi Everyone,

I had my 4S for 3 months and suddenly it would not take a charge. I took it to an Apple store and they told me it was corroded and had water damage! I never had it near the water of any kind.I have taken walks with it in my pocket, and the girl from the Apple store said that could create humidity and cause the phone to be damaged!!! I told her that if that is the case the phone was designed wrong. They wanted 199 to replace it. I then went to the Verizon store and they said it was 170 because I had insurance!!! In three months I paid 400 for a phone that is replaced by 5 and now 6! Other people told me they got a new phone from Apple..I don't get it! Poor customer service!!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Has anyone else had damage from humidity??
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi acbelmar,
We do not want to let you down! I understand how frustrating this must be as you have never gotten your phone completely wet. Did the Apple representatives show you how the corrosion indicator has changed in the charging port? Have you had the opportunity to try a different charger in the device? The insurance deductible is much less than purchasing a new phone at retail cost.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes