Has anyone figured out to transfer old ringtones and pics from blackberry.....
kdmorton2414

to iphone, i cant get my iphone to show up in my computer

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Has anyone figured out to transfer old ringtones and pics from blackberry.....
AZSALUKI
Legend

i believe you have to do it through itunes. if you activated it then itunes must have recognized it? i don't think it will work as an external device or disk (like a droid or bb). it has to synch everything through itunes, i believe.

0 Likes
Re: Has anyone figured out to transfer old ringtones and pics from blackberry.....
sKorpio1190
Yea use iTunes. Plug in your bb to the computer with the USB and just copy the stuff from the memory card to the computer (go to COMPUTER and look under blackberry, then copy from there an paste the stuff to a folder on your computer ... When it's hooked up to the computer of course)
0 Likes
maxxtris85
Contributor - Level 1

Yes dont look for the iphone to show up on your computer till u have photos on it. I mean when you look under "my computer" if you are using a PC it wont show there until you have photos or videos on it already.

0 Likes
Eshe2010

I have BB storm and I am currently tranfering my ringtones and pictuers to my laptop. For the ringtones, I am currently  using a a program called Ringtone Maker and converting my mp3 ringtones to m4r the file ext. for the iphone 4. It is a bit of pain because I have 120 + ringtones but I have time before I can get my hands on the iPhone 4.  Hopefully, I can get most of them convert...

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If your ringtones are ones you made (not purchased through Verizon or another ringtone provider) you can just go to the file where ever it is saved on your computer and change the extension from .mp4 (AAC format) to .mpr and then double click on that file. It will open in iTunes and automatically show up in your "Ringtones" list. Then just sync them to your iPhone. This is how I did it (I am using a PC...not sure if this works the same for Mac users). In my case I had made my ringtones originally using iTunes so all of my ringtones on my BB were already on my PC. I just had to change the extensions so they would show as ringtones in iTunes instead of music. Hope that made sense lol. It's a little tedious if you have a lot of ringtones or if you have to start from scratch but it's one way to avoid dealing with ringtone apps if you're not sure which one to use.

0 Likes
kdmorton2414

thanks

0 Likes
MDFinny

Hi there. I followed these instructions (and similar ones found elswhere) but cannot find the tones on my phone even after what looks like a successful sync.

Any more advice?

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

MDFinny wrote:

Hi there. I followed these instructions (and similar ones found elswhere) but cannot find the tones on my phone even after what looks like a successful sync.

Any more advice?

Assuming you did everything correctly (the tones are showing in the tones folder in iTunes) then all you have to do is drag the tones to your iPhone. They should show under "sounds" in settings. If you are autosyncing your device then I think you have to make sure that you have the tones folder selected under the tones tab of the main screen for your iPhone while connected to iTunes (if that makes sense....sorry but not quite sure what to call that...the part where you click on your iPhone name and it shows how much space is used...)

Otherwise, you might need to make sure the tones you created aren't too long...they need to be about 30 secs or less (some will still sync if they are a little over 30 secs but they won't show in certain sound settings like the Voicemail tones options). That might be why they aren't showing on your device.

0 Likes
MDFinny

thanks - so walk me though your comment about the tones folder on the main screen of my iphone. I am guessing that's the problem.

0 Likes