Has webpage viewing speed slowed down recently for anybody else?
biscuitsngravy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an iPhone 4 3G.  About a week and a half ago or so, it began to take a lot longer to access many web pages.  Has anybody else experienced this?  Has Verizon made some change to their system?  Maybe it's just me.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Has webpage viewing speed slowed down recently for anybody else?
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Are you using the 3G or are you using a wifi connection? Does this happen during certain times of the day or night? Could be a congested network. Or....if you are one of the "super users" that uses an excessive amount of data (can't recall how much but it was estimated that only 5% of the data users would be in that category)? If so, your speeds may be being throttled. I don't know anyone personally that has experienced that though. If you think you have a problem then contact Verizon to see about troubleshooting possible issues. Oh....and since you're referring to web page...you might want to go in to settings ---> Safari --->and then Clear History and Clear Cookies and Data. If you have a lot of stuff saved in there that might be slowing you down (my opinion at least) so I periodically clear these. I haven't experienced any slow down unless I am using a free wifi hotspot that is pretty slow lol. But no issues with my 3G being slower than usual

biscuitsngravy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am using 3G.  Mostly during the day, no specific time, and no different from the previous week when it was faster.  I clear my History and Data fairly regularly.  That made no difference.  I have probably been using a little more heavily the past couple of weeks, but not nearly enough to consider me a super user.  Part of the reason I'm on as much is the slow speed, as it takes longer to get everything done.  Maybe it is network congestion, but it was very noticable from one week to the next, and it hasn't shown any sign of improving, yet.  But if it was network congestion, or if Verizon was having problems with their network or had made some kind of changes, I would have thought it would have affected a lot of other people, too.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Do you have an unlimited data plan?

0 Likes
biscuitsngravy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

How much data did you use?

Verizon has implemented a network optimization protocol. In heavily congested areas some users will be put on a lower priority if you use more than 95% of the people in that area.

biscuitsngravy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've used more than I realized, about 500 MB during the last 2 weeks.  I don't know how that compares to other users.  That's more than I normally use, so maybe they did put me on a lower priority.  Does one stay there, or is is only temporary?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

it is supposed to be temporary.

0 Likes
biscuitsngravy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks!  That's proabably what's happened.

0 Likes