Have you experienced what I recently experienced? My iPhone 4S shows data usage of 59.6G over Safari, over 5 random days during one billing cycle!!!
lemons4
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon support is MIA on this... they cannot offer any specific reasons for this kind of activity.  I will request written records, of course.  But I need a name and number, if someone has it, of someone high up enough in the Verizon food chain who could possible help resolve the situation. 

Just to save you time, I have followed ALL suggestions on how to limit data usage already, having upgraded the IOS and experienced tremendous battery drain.  And NO, I am not using the phone as a hotspot. 

The only bit of specific info Verizon did offer is that my phone was in some way communicating with Harvard University.  I have a number there to followup.

I also spoke with Apple.  "It is not a Safari or Apple iPhone malfunction."

I would appreciate specifically hearing from someone who has come to some resolution with Verizon over a similar matter.  Also, which carrier are people switching too when they don't get a resolution?  (This is my likely next step.)

Thank you!!  Happy Holidays! 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Have you experienced what I recently experienced? My iPhone 4S shows data usage of 59.6G over Safari, over 5 random days during one billing cycle!!!
lemons4
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am replying to my own posting simply to add:

The safari date usage was not initiated by me.  There is no explanation for how the usage occurred.

From other  postings, it's clear that Verizon customer service and billing practices are sub-standard, and that they do not value their customers.  I would prefer not to have to change carriers, but I feel Verizon has been grossly dishonest with me, and it is hard to stay in a relationship where there is no trust.

It is Chrismas Eve, and I am griping.  WITH JUST CAUSE.

I have learned that it is scientifically impossible for a web browser on an IOS phone to transmit 59Gs of data, and virtually impossible for it to download 59Gs.  If you were in tech support at Verizon, would you know that?

Anyway, thanks for reading.

0 Likes