Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Having trouble texting in Canada
ms71

I contacted Customer Support before leaving for me trip to Canada and followed their instructions but now that I'm here, my text service is not working to non-iphone users.

I told the customer support rep: I do not plan to make many phone calls if any, I do not need to use the internet other than when I'm on wifi (at a conference that is supplying wifi) but I do want to be able to text with others in Canada and in the U.S.

Here's what they had me do before coming to Canada:

1. They turned on my international capability.

2. They had me turn off both the cellular data and roaming under my "general" settings.

3. They had me call *611 and select option 1 before I left the U.S.

I am able to text other iphone users but I am not able to text others, or receive texts from them. For example, my husband shares this plan with me but has a droid and we cannot text.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes